Director of Finance
The Director of Finance at Hurst Design Build Remodel reports to the Chief Operations Officer and manages the financial strategies and systems within the organization.
What you’ll be doing:
- Directs the development and implementation with the management team of goals, policies, priorities, and procedures relating to financial management, budget, accounting.
- Develop and implement plans to improve the financial performance in the areas that need improvement based on KPI data tracked.
- Establish key performance metrics and dashboards including benchmarking data and track monthly performance.
- Create an annual budget and track/explain variances
- Directs the maintenance of general and subsidiary ledgers, accounts receivable, revenue distribution, depreciation, cost, property, and operating expenses, and insurance records.
- Establishes system and internal audits and controls for financial systems to reduce risk of loss of business assets
- Track, manage, project cash flow
- Develop cost-saving measures to reduce overhead
- Suggest new ways to increase revenue and prepare pro forma analysis to facilitate decision making
- Direct and manage treasury functions (banking, investment, loans, lines of credit)
- Benchmark staff salary info and billing rates compared to market and ensure proper profit margins
- Provide financial reporting and analysis of job costs and profit margins
- Supervises and participates in the preparation of various financial statements and reports to provide financial reporting and analysis to management personnel.
- Oversee retirement plan administration suggest changes/improvements as needed
- Develop and manage employee incentive (bonus) programs as needed
- Directs the installation and maintenance of new accounting, timekeeping, payroll, inventory, property, and other related procedures and controls.
- Meet or exceed annual departmental objectives defined in the annual strategic plan.
- While representing Hurst act in accordance with the Hurst company values in all decisions and interactions with clients, vendors, partners, or the public.
- Required to communicate openly and effectively with the client and other team members and managers, setting clear expectations, then meeting or exceeding those expectations. (Expectations + 1%)
- To plan and manage daily tasks and activities to complete assigned responsibilities to defined performance measurements (accountabilities).
- Final approval of all finance department staff.
- Final approval of finance department rewards, bonuses, and disciplinary action within Hurst defined guidelines.
- To assign finance department staff duties and priorities.
What you’ll need:
- Experience in the A/E/C industry preferred
- Bachelors in Finance or Accounting. MBA or CPA is a plus, but not required
- Valid Ohio State driver’s license
What’s in it for you:
- Benefits, Health Insurance (Company pays 65%)
- Additional insurance benefits are available
- Paid Time Off, has annual increases
- Paid Holidays, Personal and sick pay
- 401k, with match
- Performance Bonus